I’ve written or been involved in the development of a few pieces of open source software.
- SRG - Squid Report Generator / Logfile Analyser
- MetaNet / WAND suite - A set of programs for creating a wide area VPN style network using ethernet over udp.
- Distributed Arpwatch - Based on the original arpwatch source this is a client / server application that can monitor your ethernet layer across a large layer 3 network. Developed to monitor connections to CRCnet.
As a Debian Developer I maintain a repository of several Debian packages that I have created but are not yet in the Debian repository.
You can find details on using my repository at http://www.mattb.net.nz/debian/.
Patches that I have submitted to various open source projects can be found in my patch directory:
This is software that I’ve written and are currently using but I have not yet found time to package up and release. If you are interested in any of these please let me know.
- PyIwTools - Python interface to the wireless tools library and wireless extensions kernel functions.
- PyInterface - Python interface to the Unix sockets API functions for dealing with network interfaces.
- Original - A tag-based photo gallery that integrates directly with F-spot.
If you find any of my software useful and are in a good mood, you are always welcome to send me something from my Amazon Wishlist! Even if you don’t feel like buying me presents, please email me and let me know that you find my software useful. Knowing that someone actually uses what you have written and finds it helpful is a big motivator in doing more work on it.